Download Roadmap of Reforms:
May 6, 2015 – RPR officially welcomed its newest group “Culture”
April 27, 2015 – Infographics. Plenary session on April 21-24 in review
April 17, 2015 – Newsletter. I quarter of 2015
April 15, 2015 – Infographics. Plenary session on April 7-10 in review
April 7, 2015 – Infographics. Plenary session on March 17-20 in review
March 24, 2015 – Paradox of decentralization: how to find UAH 100-200 billion for local budgets
March 23, 2015 – The Materials of the Forum “100 Days of Reforms: Checking on Progress of Ukraine’s Political Reforms” (Infographics)
March 20, 2015 – Vice Prime Minister on European integration should supervise the foreign trade – experts
March 13, 2015 – Infographics. Plenary session on March 2, 3-6 in review
March 11, 2015 – PRESS-ANNOUNCEMENT. 100 Days of Reforms: Checking on progress of Ukraine’s political reforms
March 6, 2015 – The RPR Anniversary: 365 Days of Reforms
March 5, 2015 – PRESS-ANNOUNCEMENT. The RPR anniversary: 365 days for reforms
Feb. 9, 2015 – The President and the Verkhovna Rada should not possess any levers of influence on the appointment of the Director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau
Feb. 5, 2015 – This week the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine may finally start decentralization and initiate the fight corruption
Jan. 30, 2015 – Comprehensive police reform is possible
Jan. 29, 2015 – Decentralization might start next week already
Jan. 20, 2015 – The Experts of the Reanimation Package of Reforms and the CEO of NJSС “NaftogazUkrainy” Discussed Key Issues Concerning the Reform of Oil and Gas Industry
About the reanimation package of reforms
The Reanimation Package of Reforms is an initiative of public activists, experts, and journalists who have teamed up to facilitate implementation of reforms in the country.
From Protest – To Request!
The idea of setting up the Reanimation Package of Reforms emerged in January 2014 on Maidan. The activists decided to stream the energy of protests of millions of people into a creative channel – reforming the country. Instead of discussing the differences, they called for pooling the efforts to work on the reforms which should change the country for all the citizens in the West, the East, the South, and the North of Ukraine. The Reanimation Package of Reforms unites more than 300 experts, activists, journalists, scientists, and human rights advocates from 50 most influential Ukrainian think tanks and non-governmental organizations. The participants of theReanimation Package of Reforms draw up draft laws together, lobby their adoption, and monitor implementation of the laws on reforms.
What Has Been Done Already?
After a new majority had been formed in the Parliament of 7th convocation, 19 laws drawn up orimproved by the experts of the Reanimation Package of Reforms have been adopted:
- Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Access to Public Information” (draft reg. no. 0947);
- Law on public procurements (draft reg. no. 4587) and amendments to the previous version of the law (draft reg. no. 2207);
- Law on restoration of trust to the judicial system (re lustration of judges) (reg. no. 4378-1);
- Law on public broadcasting(draft reg. no. 1076);
- Amendments to the Criminal Code of Ukraine required for visa liberalization (draft reg. no. 4556);
- Law on standardization (draft reg. no. 4585);
- Law on metrology and metrological activity (draft reg. no.4583);
- Law on cooperation of territorial communities (draft reg. no. 4756);
- Law on higher education (draft reg. no. 1187-2);
- Law on food safety (draft reg. no. 4179а);
- Law on identification and registration of animals (draft reg. no. 4987-1);
- Law on Prosecutor’s Office (draft reg. no. 3541);
- Law on the system of specially authorized subjects in the sphere of corruption counteraction (the National Office on Anti-Corruption Investigations of Ukraine) (draft reg. no. 5085);
- Law on the principles of state anti-corruption policy of Ukraine (Anti-Corruption Strategy) for 2014 – 2017 (draft reg. no. 4284а);
- Law on fighting corruption (draft reg. no. 5113);
- Law on determining ultimate beneficiaries of legal entities and public figures (draft reg. no. 5114);
- Law on amendments to several laws of Ukraine regarding abolition of the non-aligned status of Ukraine (draft reg. no. 1014-3);
- Law on amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine regarding peculiarities of specifyingtax liabilities related to the company income tax and value added tax under the conditions of the offer to compromise(draft reg. no. 1071-д)
- Law on amendments to the Law of Ukraine on Financial Services and State Regulation of the Market of Financial Services regarding information disclosure (draft reg. no. 1545).
- Law on technical regulations and conformity assessment (draft reg. no. 1065)
Moreover, a decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On the List of Administrative Services Provided by the Administrative Services Centers”has been adopted due to pressure of the Reanimation Package of Reforms. Now the administrative services most popular among the citizens and the companies shall be provided through the single point of contact at the local councils and regional state administrations.
The activists work hard to implement the adopted laws, in particular the Law “On Restoration of Trust to the Court System”: they managed to block a number of illegitimate meetings of the representatives of the court system who tried to circumvent the new law. They also monitor the re-election of heads of judicial bodies to prevent election of judges with tarnished reputation.
How Do We Work?
The activists have pooled their efforts on the particular reforms. 25 working groups, each with its chief expert(responsible for drawing up draft laws) and manager (responsible for lobbying the draft laws) have been set up. Six key areas have been determined – the judicial reform, the reform of law-enforcement bodies, decentralization and the reform of the local self-government, the anti-corruption reform, the education reform, and the tax reform. There are also reforms for the midterm, such as the reform of the public health system, the reform of the energy sector, etc.
The Reanimation Package of Reforms has its partners in the Parliament and the Government. These are the inter-faction deputy group “Reform Platform” at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and the Reform Support Centerunder the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The participants of the Reanimation Package of Reforms have drawn up “The Reform Roadmap for the Parliament of the 8th Convocation”– a document which introduces step-by-stepprogram of reforms in 18 key areas, each step being supported by a particular draft law. The Roadmap was firstpresentedon September 18, 2014. For the whole month the activists were meeting with the political parties and self-nominated candidates who ran in the parliamentary elections. At the “Parliament for Reforms” Forum eight political parties signed the memorandum of support of the Reform Roadmap in the newly elected parliament: All-Ukrainian Union “Batkivshchyna” (personally Yu. Tymoshenko), Petro Poroshenko Bloc, “Hromadianska Posytsia” (“Civic Position Political Party”) (personally A. Hrytsenko), All-Ukrainian Union “Svoboda”, “National Front”, “Samopomich”, “Syla Liudei” (“People’s Power”) (personally O. Honcharuk), and the Radical Party of Oleh Liashko.
Bulletin of “Reanimation Package of Reforms”